Friday, October 1, 2010

short hair with bangs!

Thanks for all of your comments and votes yesterday! I just couldn't go chin length or shorter, I'm just not brave enough to do that cut. I did go shoulder length AND added some side swept bangs. And I LOVE IT! I haven't had bangs since um, middle school. And I don't know why I was so afraid of them. I can't imagine not having them now. So without further ado, here's my new style...
And this picture was part of inspiration board that I took to my stylist. I had some other pictures of friends and myself showing the length I wanted and that I wanted some bangs or something instead of a straight all one length cut. My lovely stylist liked the shorter bangs instead of longer ones and so we went with it. Granted, mine aren't as heavy as Nicole Richie's, but baby steps to ease me into a brand new style.
Also, despite Nurse Ashley assuring me my hair isn't falling out due to my medications, my stylist isn't so sure. I know that when pregnant, hair is suppose to be uber fabulous and I also know that postpartum, hair can sometimes fall out. All of this due to hormone levels changing. My stylist felt my hair and immediately could tell the difference from my usual super thick hair versus today's thin hair. Also while washing and brushing and styling, my hair was coming out. She told me the appropriate terminology would be to say my hair is coming out in handfuls. Lovely.

Question to my IFers, have you experienced hair loss during your journey? If so, please share with me your experience and how you dealt with it. I'm kinda freaking out a little bit about my massive hair loss in the past few weeks.

13 comments:

Kalen said...

Looks gorgeous!!!!

I'm not in the same place you are, but if it makes you feel at all better - I'm currently losing massive amounts of hair as my hormones regulate. :( It's really gross & everywhere. Kinda embarrassing, really.

Layla said...

It looks great! Love the bangs.

Lori said...

I love the hair!! I think you made the perfect choice! As for hair loss, i have always lost quite a lot of hair since my hormones were off. But it was never to the extent of balding, my hair is still really thick. I would say it could come from hormone levels, and maybe the stress of TTC. Good Luck!

Mrs. Lopez said...

You look great! Great choice!

Amanda Adkins said...

I LOVE your hair!!! It looks awesome...so refreshing for the fall.

I think I remember my hair falling out while my hormones were all out of whack. I also have super thick hair and I don't have any real issues anymore...even though my hormones are still going crazy. I think I read that you are taking prenatals, right? That should help some.

Hope you are doing well! I know the IF road is a rough road but one day you will be on the other side and it will all seem like a blur. It would be so much easier if you just knew WHEN it would happen. Even if was in a year, you would at least know. It's the unknown that can drive you crazy. Try to enjoy the time with your hubby now :)

Missy said...

I love it! You look fantastic!

kjpugs said...

Girl! That pic is even CUTER than the one you sent me. I LOVE the bangsss! I am so impressed. Short hair was made for you!!!!

Laura said...

HOW was I not following your post-wedding blog before now?! We're facebook friends and everything! Your hair looks awesome!! I love it!

Kim said...

Love the new hair- I was going to suggest bangs- they look great- good call!

My hair has been falling out in clumps for years, mine is thyroid related, ever since my thyroid went haywire my haor wont stop falling out. My haor dresser noticed how much thinner it has become over the years. Its frightening, I know. Hopefully yours is just the meds. Have you had your thyroid tested?

Kir said...

OMG, OMG, I LOVE it...you look amazing, it makes you look so chic and classy!!!!!

LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE IT!!!!!

Laura Lewis said...

LOVE THE CUT! So glad you went with it... too too cute!

mommy mye said...

LOVE the hair girl :) great choice! you look gorgeous :)

Katie said...

The new cut is suuuuuper cute! Love the bangs!