Thursday, June 17, 2010

veering off course for a giveaway...

So I have a confession, I'm obsessed with a certain actress turned reality starlet turned momma turned author. Any clue who I crush on every Monday night while hanging on every word spoken during 60 minutes on the Oxygen channel?
Yes, Tori Spelling.

I know, for shame.

I just love her (and don't really care that she cheated on her husband and broke up a marriage - I don't condone it, but really after all who am I to judge). For whatever reason I think she's real - emotionally. I get it her boobs and nose are fake, but SHE is real or one helluva actress. Her kiddos are adorable, I want her party planning skills and available finances and would love to have a garden and mini farm in our home like she has. Also, I can relate to the ups and downs she and Dean go through, just in a different tax bracket. And because of this show, RCW and I say goodbye each morning and throughout the day with 'Love Ya Babe'. The phrase was even featured in our wedding video trailer as RCW had it written on a chalkboard in our kitchen.
AND during our honeymoon, while in Paris. Yes, Paris. Instead of hitting the streets and seeing sights, what did I do for a bit? Hung out on our balcony with a tip top view of the Eiffel Tower and read her book, Mommywood.

So, while I don't usually post about giveaways and whatnot on this blog and recently the only thing I've written about is our IF journey, when I have a chance to write a blog post and possibly win an autographed copy of her latest book, Uncharted TerriTORI, I'm going to do it.
If you're interested in stealing my chances at winning the book, head over to Cupcake Mag to enter. She has a ton of different ways to enter for the book and yup, I even gave in to starting a Twitter account so I could sign up in e.v.e.r.y s.i.n.g.l.e w.a.y possible for this book. Tori isn't coming anywhere close to Louisville for a book signing so this seemed like my best shot!

Thanks for being my fabulous lovelies and letting me veer off course for a chance to win! And if you're a Tori Spelling fan too, let me know I'm not alone or share with me your guilty pleasure fan obsession.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope you win. :)

Jessi said...

I LOVE Tori and Dean!!! I hate that they're so criticized for being married when they got together. I don't condone it either but I love how real they are and how awesome they are together. I'm sad the season is over already!

mommy mye said...

I used to watch their show but for some reason (and I'm not sure what that reason is) I stopped and never got into wanting to watch it again. I'll catch a few minutes of a few episodes here and there just coz I think their kiddos are SO cute but that's about it.
So...what'd ya think about Glee's season finale? hehehe :) A LOT of emotions huh? I LOVED every minute of it :] and baby BETH...awwww!

A Mother...Again said...

I'm a recent fan of the show...but I'm HOOKED!! I love them, even though my husband makes fun of me for watching. She DOES seem real, even though I know that her version of real life and mine will NEVER meet on a track even remotely the same.

I just got hooked this season, so I guess that I need to do my homework and read about the scandal of them getting together...I feel WAY behind for not knowing!

Kir said...

YOU are SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!!
I truly hope you win, if I could call her and BEG her to send you a copy I would.

Like I love Law & Order ,you love your TS.

TV: It's like Comfort Food without the Calories :)

kjpugs said...

I LOVE TORI AND DEAN TOOOOOO! We need to get together and discuss this! :)

Snowflake said...

Awww..I loved that show - too bad dish doesn't give us Oxegyn anymore :( Good luck!